Friday, August 21, 2009

Will no dish be spared?

Over the last few weeks I have managed to break two different things while trying to do the dishes. This pregnancy clumsiness has been very irksome for me. First it was a glass that didn't have any sentimental value, but we had the complete set of 8, so I was irritated that it's no longer complete. The second time it was a plate from my favorite set. The worst part about it is that I only had a set of two to begin with, so now I'm down to some mismatched stuff at best. Maybe this is natures way of preparing me for having children when it seems like nothing valuable is guaranteed to last long. I still feel bad about some of the stuff we broke of my mom's when we were kids--I might as well start buying plastic now.

I'm trying to find the good in the bad, though, and things are looking up for me--Travis is so frustrated with cleaning up the broken glass that he is insisting on doing the dishes almost every night :)

3 comments:

The Miller Family said...

Yay for finding the good in the bad! ;o) I know what you mean about the set not being complete. We have a set of 4 (plates, dessert plates, and bowls), and I recently broke one of the big plates. Now, if we ever have friends over, someone has to eat off a random plate. Not earth-shattering, but annoying nonetheless.

shantel said...

Your just preparing yourself for all the fun that is going to follow. :)

Fran said...

What?? Travis hasn't bought a gallon of super glue and tried to fix them? His favorite saying, "Mom won't even notice!"

You are better off to close your eyes and throw the rest of the glass dishes on the floor right now... only one BIG mess to clean up!