Thursday, August 30, 2012

good mornin' life


This picture pretty much sums up how I'm feeling this week and its all thanks to this little girl. As of Sunday she's been sleeping through the night. And then simultaneously the miracle of all miracles happened and Ethan started sleeping in till 8 am (instead of 6).

I tell you what, its amazing how much better of a parent I am with a few more hours of sleep. The yelling and crying (by both Ethan and myself) has decreased exponentially and I'm actually feeling like a decent mother again. I've even found a little time to do some leisurely activities which just blows my mind. In the months leading up to having Capri my biggest source of distress came from not knowing when I'd ever  have time to do things I enjoy again. I never in a million years dreamed I'd be getting snippets of time before she's even two months old. Add to that the fact that my parents are in town visiting this week and things are looking great. Those few extra hands are a beautiful sight. Its got me humming a Dean Martin tune...

Good morning life
Good morning sun how are your skies above
Gee it's great to be alive and in love

1 comment:

Audrey said...

This photo just made my whole morning!!!