Thursday, September 20, 2012

recap

I figured its time for an update, so here's a whole lot thrown into one post.

A few weeks ago we had Capri's baby blessing at church. Its such a special thing that Travis gets to do for our children. And its a good thing the Lord hears our prayers...because Capri screamed through the whole thing...I couldn't hear any of it.

Of course, after the blessing, when I took her from Travis she was instantly silent. She's a mamma's girl through and through. (and also a little risqué, not wearing all white on her blessing day, but I guess I'm to blame for that. The dress was just so precious.)

My parents came out for the blessing and then stayed the next week to visit. We didn't do a whole lot, but did go to the lake on Labor day for one last round of tubing.

Ethan's a little dare-devil. He just loves being on the tube with Travis. Although, I cant quite figure out why...Travis later told me that the entire time Ethan was out there he kept saying "What are you doing to me Grandpa?? What are you doing?!?" (Grandpa was driving the boat.)

My dad also helped Travis work on a little room for Capri. I'll be happy to have my bedroom back one of these days.

And one evening we went over to a little park to take some quick family pictures. Someone needed a family picture of us and we didn't have one with Capri in it yet, so we went to the same place we had our pics taken last year because its close and easy. We found a little leopard salamander on our walk.

Capri wasn't too thrilled about the pictures. We had to try and snap them in between crying.

But here's what we got.

We also managed to catch Ethan in sweet big brother mode.

And we'll end with a cheesy baby smile, just because its too darn cute to resist.

4 comments:

Angie said...

First of all I'm dying over Capri's blessing dress....so beautiful! She is quite the fashionista..mixing stripes and polka dots. Ethan is such a cute big brother. :)

Andie said...

Dang, you guys make cute kids!

Audrey said...

ADORABLE!!!

When are you letting me do your new family pics:)?

Tawnya said...

I just love these pictures. Baby E and Miss Capri just melt my heart. I adore them!