Now that I'm head over heals into raising a second child I've realized that there was so much I missed with Ethan purely because I was so clueless to the basics. When everything is new and scary its hard to see your baby for who they are.
I love watching Capri grow and develop her personality. She loves to coo, giggle, and smile. She doesn't like going to sleep. It seems she's been frustrated with finding a way to pacify herself. I've been watching her over the past few weeks and have seen her become aware of herself and find some control of her hands. Having gained those two things, she's started rubbing her fingers through her baby soft hair when she's tired. It may be the most precious thing I've ever seen. Today she was laying on the floor playing and a few minutes later I glanced over to check on her and she had rolled over and fallen asleep in the sun. Ethan said something that made her stir and in that moment her hand naturally went up to her head and rubbed a few times. Then she was peaceful again.
Small things like this are things I can't remember about Ethan. I'm glad I'm getting another go around at this parenting thing. Hopefully I'll keep learning and discovering who my children are so I can be the mother they need.

2 comments:
She is getting so big. The finger in the hair is one of the cutest things I did ever hear. Adorable.
we have those same jammies:)
Post a Comment