Wednesday, December 12, 2012

takin' care of business


This last weekend we went and got our Christmas tree. Its a pretty big deal around here. My job is to find the tree, Ethan's is to run around the place crying and yelling, "I want to hold your hand mama...", Capri screams in the car (I thought this was supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year??) and Travis, well he likes to think of  his job as showing the tree who's boss :)

They also had face painting and a little petting zoo-which is where Ethan wanted to spend most of his time.


Now if I could just get my house clean enough to want to tear out all the Christmas decorations. Making a bigger mess than I already have just doesn't sound that great to me. I'm having trouble getting into the Holiday mood this year. Maybe some Christmas cookies will help nudge me in the right direction :)

3 comments:

Tawnya said...

I feel the same way Nicole.
This year is tough to get into the mood of things.
But, I will be home in a little over a week and I bringing the Christmas Mood.
We are going to CELEBRATE the crap out of Christmas.

Get Ready!!!

Anonymous said...

I would also like to say that even though I will not be in attendance this year for the blessed occasion, I will be sending Christmas cookies to you tomorrow and they will say, "Wake up! It's Christmas! Your favorite holiday!"

Fran said...

The snow helped me a lot to get in the mood. I'm loving it! Baking cookies today was a bonus. Now if I could just get my shopping done and enjoy seeing the gifts under the tree!