Thursday, June 6, 2013

electric run


This past weekend Travis and I went out for a date and ran in an Electric Run. Its a 5k course set to music and numerous light shows.

It was held at the State Fair grounds and while we were walking around before the race started we happened upon the Cheese Curds booth...we couldn't resist. They were soooo good. And we only had minor stomach aches while we were running :)

This was the start line, everyone was decked out in Neon and glow lights. It was really fun to run. We didn't stop along the course to take any good pictures cause we were pretty focused on getting a good time. We've both been working on our running paces recently. I ran faster than I've ever run before (and thought I was going to die a few times) and when we got to the finish line...they didn't have a timer. We were so dissapointed. Apparently this was more for fun than anything else. So we checked the time and tried to estimate when we started the race and came up with that it took us about 27 minutes. My fastest 5k ever! We had so much fun, I couldn't ask for a better running partner and best friend.



3 comments:

Fran said...

I'm soooo jealous.... not because of the run, but because of those marvelous cheese curds. Next year I'm going just to watch (and of course eat a few cheese curds)!

Glad you two had such a fun date.

Tawnya said...

Congratulations!!! What race doesn't have a timer? Weird. You guys are so brave to eat cheese curds before the race. I am afraid I wouldn't have faired so well in that department. It does look like a really fun race.

Anonymous said...

I am jealous of these whole evening. The run looks like so much fun! And those cheese curds! Who could resist those?!?!? Way to go Nicole, I probably wouldn't have done so well either, unless I was getting more cheese curds at the finish line!