Saturday, May 31, 2008

Keeping me sane

 

I am so glad that I decided to get Ruby. It took me a long time to decide if I wanted the commitment of having a dog, but in the end, companionship won out. It has taken me a few months to really beging to appreciate what she does for me on a daily basis but I realize it more and more every day. She is a wonderful dog, I couldn't have had better luck finding her. She loves to play but is willing to sit and relax when I am working. She rarely barks, which I am thankful for because I didn't want to have a yippy little dog. She is so smart and has already learned how to sit and is really good at playing fetch. Although, sometimes her smarts make things more frusturating because she only brings the ball back when she wants to run and get it again. She loves to hang out outside and people watch, which is something we have in common. But most importantly, she makes my house feel not quite so empty. She is the best companion I could ask for while Travis is gone. Added into all her goodness is the fact that I know she will love Travis once he is back. In the few weeks they met eachother in March they became good buddies. I'm so glad that all my months of deliberation paid off. Thanks dad, mom, and Kristen for putting up with my indecisiveness and in the end convincing me it was worth it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: