Friday, August 15, 2008

What every dog should know


I have been teaching Ruby how to do something that I think every dog should know how to do--listen. She has learned how to sit, shake, and lay down when I tell her to. We are still working on some other skills, but she has these three down. It's funny to teach her this stuff because she really thinks it's a game. As soon as she sees (or smells) some treats in my hand she gets all excited. I can't usually get her to eat in the morning because she thinks there is so much else to do, so the best part is that her 'treats' are really her dog food. She hasn't figured out the difference and I have a way of getting her to eat on the days she doesn't want to. She's very entertaining to have around.


Posted by Picasa



4 comments:

shantel said...

Your puppy is so cute,and it sounds like she's smart too!

Anne said...

LOVE the new picture of you and Travis. So cute.

Kristen said...

OH...Ruby needs to come over for a playdate this week. Are you going downtown? I miss that little girl and so does Charlee, well and the rest of our family!

Andie said...

I like that picture of you are Travis in his BDU's!