Monday, August 11, 2008

Going, going, gone

Well where do I start? This week we were surprised to have the battalion Jag officer show up for classes and an investigation into hazing. We didn't know what this guy was talking about so he looked like the idiot asking all of these questions about something that never happened. Then we got resupplied by convoy for the first time in a long time-they usually only do this if they can't fit everything on four or five helicopters. We got most of the structural things for our new base and we finally got more air conditioners. Although, we don't really need them; it gets down to the mid 80's at night which is getting to be really cold for some of us. We also got huge footlockers. When you fly into Iraq you are allowed one carry on, a pack, and two sea bags; I have gotten everything I brought to fit in my new footlocker. These things are massive, and we have discovered you could fit a few bodies inside one...so I might find a way home sooner than later (not). However they tell us that these things are ours to keep so I will be sending home everything I can. So much for my packing one thing a week plan. We also got a replacement fuel tank and they had to bring a bulldozer to fill back in the trench to switch out the trailers. We have been staying slightly busy now days with odds and ends that need tying up before we get ready to move out of here. I am looking forward to staying on a bigger base in like two months but, that means more supervision, and more people who think we should be doing things their way instead of ours. Until next week, I hope you all keep it safe.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Okay, those footlockers are awesome! We use it for tons of storage now that Ty is home.

Kristen said...

Wow, Travis the count down is at 64days, just in case you hadn't noticed! Yeah right?! That seems like a short time to all of us, but I am sure to you...it still seems like a long way to go! I am afraid you might go into shock if you are feeling like 80 degrees is getting cool? CRAZY how our bodies adjust to the weather! Hope you have a great week...