Travis: "That shirt looks good on you, babe. When did you get that?"
Nicole: "...umm...a while ago."
This little blurb of dialogue has come up almost every time Travis has seen a picture of me while he's been gone. Each time I just can't help thinking to myself, Oh, honey...if you could only see all the stuff I've bought since you've been gone.
I'm admitting a horrible weakness of mine by writing about this, but it's kinda funny (in a twisted, expensive sort of way). I am hooked on clothes shopping. I decided to gather all of the clothes I have bought myself this past year and put them all in one place. I'm ashamed to say it's almost the equivalent of a full wardrobe (all it lacks is a few more pairs of pants, which I rarely buy).
Nicole: "...umm...a while ago."
This little blurb of dialogue has come up almost every time Travis has seen a picture of me while he's been gone. Each time I just can't help thinking to myself, Oh, honey...if you could only see all the stuff I've bought since you've been gone.
I'm admitting a horrible weakness of mine by writing about this, but it's kinda funny (in a twisted, expensive sort of way). I am hooked on clothes shopping. I decided to gather all of the clothes I have bought myself this past year and put them all in one place. I'm ashamed to say it's almost the equivalent of a full wardrobe (all it lacks is a few more pairs of pants, which I rarely buy).
There were new shoes too...Now, I have to put it out there that I don't just buy stuff for myself. I have also bought a significant amount of clothing for Travis. Almost as much as I've bought myself...almost.

8 comments:
I love love love it! That is soooo funny! Yet, in some ways a softer blow to Travis for when he comes home! He now can look forward to seeing you in all your cute new clothes. Of course not all of them are new to you... so maybe when he gets back you can celebrate with a shopping trip!
Hahaha, I completely understand! Whenever Ryan is out of town for work I have a license to do some online shopping late at night after the kids are in bed. (At least *I* think I have a license to do that)! I would be in some serious trouble if I had to spend a year without Ryan around! ;-)
Enjoy it while you are still young!
Just know you're not alone in your shopping addiction! I too buy far too much in a years time and rationalize it by giving bags of clothes and shoes to the young women. However, I'm even worse because I buy the boys even more. Buying kids clothes is way more fun. Thank heavens we don't have a little girl yet or we might be bankrupt!:)
Enjoy it while it last for when you have kids it doesn't happen quite so often.You always look cute in all your NEW clothes, so that has to count for something :)
Hey Andie, did you think I wasn't going to read your comment here? Busted!
I absolutely love your vice! But, I'm too shy to admit my own. You showcased yours in such a nice way, it doesn't seem like a vice at all!
Hey Nicole, Anytime you feel like buying me clothes let me know. I will tell you my sizes. I hate shopping for clothes for me.
Fran...now I'm intrigued. And Nicole, I am looking for a new personal shopper. I totally disappointed Angie yesterday. Although she does have a lot more sympathy for me now, I think.
Post a Comment