Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Snow is falling all around

I have been thinking today about how much I'm enjoying all the snow we've had so far this winter. The reports I've seen said we got about 20 inches here in the Twin Cities over the month of December and I have loved every minute of it. I was sitting in my office this afternoon and I couldn't help but gaze out the window at the white landscape. I just love to watch snow falling. Everything seems so peaceful when it's snowing; it reminds me of what it might feel like if time stood still. This month has been especially great because we got the snow in intervals so it hasn't looked brown and ugly for very long. I've been lucky and haven't had to drive a lot, actually, I haven't had to go out at all in the bad weather which is a plus because I'd be a lot less thrilled about it if I did. I should probably be more specific: I like looking at snow - not going out in it. It's just way too cold. I am cold in my 70 degree house wearing a sweatshirt, so going out in the snow doesn't really go well for me. When I can stick strictly to enjoying the view from inside I'm fabulous. I find a lot of humor in letting Ruby out in the snow. I can't quite tell if she likes it or not. Half the time she tries to walk on three legs to minimize contact and the rest of the time she has her face in it playing around. I took this picture of her this afternoon after she found a Christmas Tree branch that was left in the driveway. I think her beard of snow is so cute. I'm really grateful for the White Christmas we had this year and for how beautiful and clean everything looks after it snows. I'm sure in another month I'll be ready to move somewhere warm but for now it all seems wonderful.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Travis said...

I know what you mean. I like to look at the snow at work too because the wind carries the snow and it looks like it's going back up into the sky instead of falling from it.