Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Flowers of Love
I have felt like the luckiest, most loved and thought about girl in the world this past year and it's all because of a few bouquets of flowers. Over the course of Travis' time in Iraq he sent me flowers about once a month and to me it was the sweetest gift he's ever given. The deliveries meant so much to me because they helped me know that he was thinking about me as much as I was thinking about him. Living alone was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do and most days I was horribly lonely. We got to talk on the phone often but the conversations were usually superficial and it was hard to use those as support. I didn't want to burden him with my feelings and ended up keeping a lot of it to myself. To receive the flowers periodically let me know that he cared and that meant everything to me. I'm so grateful to have such a thoughtful person to spend my life with. Now that he's home all the feelings I had over the past year have melted away and it's almost as if we were never apart. These flowers will always remind me of that hard time and how Travis did everything he could to help me feel his love from the other side of the world.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Thanks for sharing. What a GREAT story!
That is my brother! Thank goodness he grew up with all of these sisters. I would like to think that that is why he is so thoughtful!
That is so sweet! I love how you have kept pics of them too! Awww
Those flowers are beautiful. I love seeing them in different places in your home. You better watch out though...Karsyn keeps telling us how much she likes Travis. ;-)She was still concerned about his head until she saw the other night that it is healing nicely! You did a great job at letting Travis know how much you love him, too...while he was gone. It amazed me of how thoughtful you were too! I loved the CD of your favorite hymns...and why they meant so much to you!
How romantic! Your hubby's a keeper!
That is sooo sweet, I love how he sent all types a flowers!!
He must have learned that from his father! I'm so glad you two are back together again after such a stressful separation. Isn't it wonderful to think of ways to bring joy to each other? I love that about marriage.
Post a Comment