Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Too much static

I would gladly continue living with all of the downfalls of winter if I could just live without static. I would take horrible driving conditions, extreme cold, and an always dirty car if I could just not have a really painful shock zap me every time I touch something. It's especially bad when I get out of the car and try to close the door. Sometimes I forget and touch it with my fingertips instead of my palm and it's not a pretty picture. Shocking one of the most sensitive body parts is not the smartest thing to do. I try and avoid clothing like fleece and diligently use fabric softener in every load of laundry but I found a new source of static this year--Ruby. She shocks me every time she comes near. There's just no escaping this miserably annoying part of winter. At least the staticky hair on Ruby's ears gives me something to laugh at.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kristen said...

LOL.... poor Ruby! Imagine how that Zap feels to her tiny little body! oh.... she looks so darn cute! Are you using fabric softner in her loads of laundry too? ;-)

Kathy Koch said...

She may shock you but isn't she the cutest??

shantel said...

LOL, maybe you could rub the fabric softner sheets on Ruby??

Fran said...

I'm sure Ruby is just missing Grandma again! We miss her running around our house and playing toss and fetch!