I have been harassed by numerous people the past few weeks for not having blogged in a little while. Seriously people, sometimes I need a break. It can be a lot of work to put your life into words and I just haven't been in the mood to spell it all out. Tonight I'm not doing much so I'm going to drag this out into one really long post instead of extending it out over numerous days. Here's our February so far.
Travis had his first Accounting test and it was a major fiasco. He took the exam one Thursday night and said everything went great. He felt really confident about all of the subject matter and had hopes for a really good score. Skip to the following Wednesday. He checked his grade online and was shocked/mad/freaking out when he saw a score of 111/150. He came home and was outraged. He explained to me that he felt so dumb for thinking he'd get a good score. He even threatened to drop out of school all together (yeah...after one bad grade...he was pretty distraught). Grasping for any ray of hope he could find we decided to pull up the grade online again and take another look. He got it pulled up and I looked over the information listed on the page. What I found was that Travis did not get 111/150-that was the class average. Travis' score, listed in another column was 150/150. He almost started crying. I was trying not to laugh because all this drama that could have been avoided if he would have just taken the time to read what was posted.
Nice work on the A honey.

Our next adventure came when we found out the bid we put in on a Single Family Home didn't get accepted by the bank. We had been looking into this house for a few months and felt really good about making the offer. Things must not have been meant to be though because the bank decided to go with another offer instead of ours. This news sent Travis into a huge depression. He all of the sudden felt like life was out to punish him. I kept telling him things were fine and that our town home is great for the two of us right now. He wasn't satisfied so I decided we should put wood floors in our kitchen and dining room. I said it was because I hated the carpet in the dining room, but it was also to give Travis some kind of 'home improvement' project to make him feel a little more manly and needed around the house. We looked around and I finally found some flooring that I liked at Lowes. It was the perfect mixture of light and dark wood and it flowed fabulously with our existing furniture. Travis got it all done in one weekend and now he feels like he has some ownership in the house. It's also suddenly ok to keep living here a little while longer. I thought paying the mortgage was what gave you the ownership, but, I guess I have a lot to learn.
Here's the before and after
Travis had his first Accounting test and it was a major fiasco. He took the exam one Thursday night and said everything went great. He felt really confident about all of the subject matter and had hopes for a really good score. Skip to the following Wednesday. He checked his grade online and was shocked/mad/freaking out when he saw a score of 111/150. He came home and was outraged. He explained to me that he felt so dumb for thinking he'd get a good score. He even threatened to drop out of school all together (yeah...after one bad grade...he was pretty distraught). Grasping for any ray of hope he could find we decided to pull up the grade online again and take another look. He got it pulled up and I looked over the information listed on the page. What I found was that Travis did not get 111/150-that was the class average. Travis' score, listed in another column was 150/150. He almost started crying. I was trying not to laugh because all this drama that could have been avoided if he would have just taken the time to read what was posted.
Nice work on the A honey.
Our next adventure came when we found out the bid we put in on a Single Family Home didn't get accepted by the bank. We had been looking into this house for a few months and felt really good about making the offer. Things must not have been meant to be though because the bank decided to go with another offer instead of ours. This news sent Travis into a huge depression. He all of the sudden felt like life was out to punish him. I kept telling him things were fine and that our town home is great for the two of us right now. He wasn't satisfied so I decided we should put wood floors in our kitchen and dining room. I said it was because I hated the carpet in the dining room, but it was also to give Travis some kind of 'home improvement' project to make him feel a little more manly and needed around the house. We looked around and I finally found some flooring that I liked at Lowes. It was the perfect mixture of light and dark wood and it flowed fabulously with our existing furniture. Travis got it all done in one weekend and now he feels like he has some ownership in the house. It's also suddenly ok to keep living here a little while longer. I thought paying the mortgage was what gave you the ownership, but, I guess I have a lot to learn.
Here's the before and after
For Valentine's weekend Travis got us reservations at this great resort, Larsmont Cottages, up in Two Harbors, MN. I had planned a trip for the two of us to go here in December when Travis got home from Iraq but Brandee scheduled her wedding for the same weekend. Due to the trip to CA I had to cancel and was pretty bummed. Travis, being the wonderful husband he is, made new reservations for Valentine's Day weekend. It worked out nicely since we had Monday off of work for President's day.
Travis made us a really nice Valentine's dinner of Steak, Lobster Tails, and Salad. Valentine's Day is sacred around our house. Travis loves the idea that he has to show me how much he loves me on that day and he does everything possible to go above and beyond the norm. Lobster tails were definitely out of the ordinary for me.
Duluth was beautiful, as normal, and we both enjoyed relaxing and watching The Office. The cottage we stayed in was right on the lake shore and seeing the sun rise over the lake was so pretty.
The last thing I have for now is that along with our wood floors I got a rug to go under the dining room table. I absolutely love it. It was pretty stressful trying to find flooring that I felt flowed with the rest of the house but in the end I am really glad we switched out the carpet. I do feel a little bad for Ruby though, cause there is absolutely no traction now. She spends a lot of time falling down.

6 comments:
Great job on keeping Travis happy. :) The floor looks great and the rug looks like it goes great with it.
Beautiful flooring! You have been busy and that is funny about Travis not reading his test results correctly! He isn't a Type A....over achiever is he???? GREAT JOB, TRAVIS....
Wow! You guys have had an awesome month aside from the test drama. hehe Your floor looks great, we know now who to call when we remodel oh and Bryant should get cooking lessions from Travis. Hope all is well miss ya!
I hope you don't think I'm a stalker but I found your blog via someone in the ward's blog. Just wanted to tell you that your floor looks really fabulous. And on an unrelated note, you always have way cute shirts on at church and I love your "cut-offs" when you conduct the music. Have a great weekend!
I LOVE the wood flooring!! Great choice. Mike and I are wanting to get away together sometime in the near future and the place you stayed at looks awesome so I my bug you for some contact info...
I love, love, love your new floors! Very nice!
Ans p.s. I'm TOTALLY jealous of your Valentine's retreat! I spent the weekend taking care of my extremely sick kids...boo. Your's was WAY prettier!
Post a Comment