Sunday, March 8, 2009

Did that really just happen?



Do you know what this is? If you don't, please don't expect a description from me.
I have recently had the humiliating experience of having to explain to the cashier at Target what this device is used for. Seriously. I was in the check out lane purchasing this "poop-pee scooper" to make my life a little easier and the cashier actually asked me what it was used for. I was horribly embarrassed to have to explain this at all, let alone, in public, but I tried to be blunt and told her it was to clean up my dogs poop. That (along with the name of the item) wasn't enough and she kept inquiring. At this point I didn't know what else to say since I thought my initial explanation would have been sufficient. After a little more struggling I finally got the idea across. I thought to myself, this lady clearly doesn't have any animals if she doesn't know what this is, only to have her tell me she has TWO dogs. I couldn't believe it. As I walked away I just had to shake my head and laugh. I couldn't really believe that I had just stood there and explained to a complete stranger how I clean up after my dog. I guess, to avoid future embarrassment, I'll have to keep my pet supply purchases to pet stores.

3 comments:

Brandee Dawn said...

Wow that is ridiculous!! What has the world come too? Well, on a more positive note it makes me happy that you were able to successfully explain to a "special" target employee what a "poop-pee scooper" is! I am proud!

Kristen said...

We need to get one of those. Was it on special..clearance? J/K Hey can we borrow it? J/K again!

Andie said...

Hmmmm, considering that it says poo-pee and has a picture of a dog right on it....sad!