Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Kindle


This year Travis found me the perfect birthday present: the Amazon Kindle2. The best part was I never saw it coming. Actually, I had never even heard of the Kindle until he gave it to me. Now, my birthday's not until April but I got lucky and he was just too excited to wait. So, what is a Kindle? It's an electronic book reader with built in wireless internet. You surf Amazon.com to find the book you'd like to read, buy it, download it to the Kindle (which can store thousands of books) and read away. It will even read to you, if you'd like. What's really cool is that purchasing the digital book is a lot cheaper than buying the paper version and it takes up zero space. This is way cool for me because I am the type who can go into a bookstore and walk out with $100 in reading material. This way, I spend less and don't have to find a place to store tons of books.
I absolutely love it!

10 comments:

Anne said...

I am so envious!!! You are going to have to post later with an update on what you like/don't like about it! Happy reading!

Brandee Dawn said...

That is so cool . I have seen those they are really neat. You will have to post how you like it.

Kristen said...

My dad gave my mom one for Christmas and she loves it too! I am so jealous!

memories by Jan said...

I've looked at those on Amazon, perfect for the serious reading addict. I've been tempted to get one myself. Good for Travis. It is a thoughtful gift.

Tawnya said...

Way to go Trav Man!!! My brother is just so thoughful :) I hope you enjoy it. Don't forget to Read the Twilight series on it!

Audrey said...

I totally want on of those!

shantel said...

My sister got one from her husband, and she LOVES it!!

That will be my next present request!!

Kathy Koch said...

Nicole
Steve gave me a Kindle for Christmas but I had to wait until February 24 to get it but it was well worth the wait.
I find myself trying books now that normally I would not spend the money on in case I would not like them but because they are so reasonable I will take a chance.
Have fun

Kristen said...

You have to read the Glass Castle. It is so good. I just finished it!

Fran said...

I can't keep up with all this new technology! But the Kindle sounds like a gem. If I was younger I would jump all over it. It would sure make moving a lot easier. I can't tell you how many boxes of books we have packed and moved. Oh, my aching back!