Sunday, March 1, 2009

Saturday Shopping


I really don't like grocery shopping so each month I plan out meals for every day and compile a grocery list. Then I take one Saturday and get all my grocery shopping done. This weekend was my big shopping event for March. Occasionally I do make a second trip for milk and other stuff that may not last the whole month, but in general, I've found it very effective. Each night when I'm wondering what to make for dinner I just have to look at my list and pick something off of it. I just love how it's a relatively small amount of work and how I can see the results of my efforts each night when I don't have to go to the store to get something for dinner.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anne said...

Why haven't I learned this yet?! Love the new look...and the signature!

The Seaman Family said...

That's awesome! I think I may need to take some tips from you. I love the new header, super cute!!

BreezyHess said...

I have done this in the past and not only does it get rid of the excuse of not having anything to make butit also saved us tons of money. I have been wanting to start back up again, I really liked it. Have fun!

Kristen said...

How did you do that cute stamp thing? What a great idea. I keep saying that as a family we should sit down and plan out our meals. Hey, I would be happy if we just started with one week at a time! Great tips....thanks!

shantel said...

Love your new look on your blog!! Wow thats a whole month's worth of grocery's!!

Great tip!!

we chirp said...

I am horrible at planning out my shopping list and being efficient at it. You look quite the opposite.

-mavis