Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The deets

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your wonderful support! It's funny how comments on your blog can totally make everything great.

I'm 13 weeks/3 months along in my first journey down preggo lane and I must admit, I'm not convinced pregnancy suits me. Travis and I are, of course, totally thrilled about our baby but if this all-day-long sickness doesn't end sometime soon I think I am going to go off the deep end.

I'd like to be able to say I've felt really good the last few months, but I'd be lying through my teeth. While I certainly could have had it worse, feeling sick to my stomach 24/7 has been tough. I'm gaggy at everything and have had a hard time finding food that sounds good, not that it's stopped me from eating :) One bright spot for me is that I've been able to push the sickness out of my mind enough to keep working out (mostly out of fear over gaining 100 pounds). Apart from the hour spent exercising I can be found on the couch daydreaming about getting up and feeling like a normal person again. I'm ready for it all to be over--it's not too early to say that, is it??

Because I am totally unexperienced in this baby-carrying department and I know my "problems" are nothing new to any mother out there I'll be looking to all of you for any tips you've got.

10 comments:

Audrey said...

please please please tell me that 'preggo land' was an intentional play on 'lego land'??????

Because I loved it!

The Seaman Family said...

It will get better trust me!! I had it so bad with Bella but it gets better. You should be out of the clear soon! Let me know if you need anything!!
We are so excited for you to and it will be so fun to have so many new babies in the ward!

Traci said...

Are you due on your mom's birthday? :)

More little ones in the family will be great. Brianna and I can't be the only ones procreating. :P

Jen said...

Congrats!!! Hang in there - I promise in the end it will all be worth it!!

Anne said...

New or not, the nausea is awful. I'm so sorry that is how it has affected you so far. Although, with any luck, that should be over soon! Wish I could give you some good tips, but after 5, I still don't think I can beat the nausea! Hopefully pregnancy will get to be more fun for you...I always loved the second and third trimesters.

shantel said...

I have my fingers crossed for you!! I bet you'll start feeling better within the week....Hopefully!!!

Linz said...

I'm having sympathy pains. I remember it all too well. I think there is a good chance that things will gradually get better over the next few weeks. 2nd trimester is often the best trimester for women.

Kristen said...

It makes me feel so much better when you share that you aren't feeling that great either. It makes me feel somewhat normal and not so bad about whinning a little! It is so rough sometimes. I am hoping you start feeling better. Have you tried the tums?

Fran said...

What are all these comments about 2nd and 3rd trimester?! I didn't get over the nausea until the 4th & 5th baby!! (Doubt if that will make you feel any better;) But what a joy you have waiting for you in the end!

molly and geoff archibald said...

good for you for exercising...it will make your labor much easier, too.