Monday, July 27, 2009

Over half way there!


Time has started to slow down a little here in the middle of my pregnancy. These last few months have felt long, but here I am, into my 5th month and I'm excited to think that soon I'll be in the final trimester. I have been feeling good and it's been exciting to watch the ripples across my stomach as the baby gets more force behind his jabs. I guess I finally look pregnant because in the past few weeks people have actually been brave enough to ask me if I'm expecting. I find this funny because I thought that was one of the few taboo things to ask someone in our society.
I've been a little concerned lately about weight gain, mostly due to my doctor--at 20 weeks she chewed me out for not gaining enough and at 24 weeks she chewed me out for gaining too much. I'm trying to make good eating choices and try to get some exercise a few times a week, but I just couldn't figure out how I was supposed to control how much I gained. I got reassurance from a few ladies at church yesterday, which made me feel better about it all. Their advice was, your body is going to do what it's going to do, I just need to continue making good decisions about what I eat.
On another note, we haven't come up with a name, but I've got time. Who knows, I could be one of those people who just can't decide until I meet the little guy.
Thanks for all the support and advice; this is scary, exciting time for a control freak like me :)

9 comments:

shantel said...

Pregnancy agrees with you, you look great!

The Miller Family said...

First off, you look GREAT! And congratulations on being halfway there!

Second, (and I'm, sure you've heard this like a million times...)don't worry about your weight gain! With both of my boys I gained exactly 40 pounds to the day I delivered. This time, I've already gained 44 and I still have 11 weeks to go! I eat much healthier this time around and I exercise much more...which leaves me so perplexed as to why the ginormous gain! As long as the weight doesn't cause any other health problems (aside from the depression we feel as we walk past the excellent sales rack of our previous size clothes at kohl's), it'll all work out in the end!

Andie said...

Nicole, you look GOOD! Pregnancy suits you well. I would say the advice you got about the weight gain is right on. You will have the added bonus on the post-partum end of this being your first baby. Most people's baby weight comes off pretty quickly and easily after number one.

Linz said...

You look so darling Nicole!

Fran said...

Love the little bump that is finally showing... now I will share something depressing!! Jessica will be 22 this Thursday, so that means it has been 1,144 weeks since I gave birth to her. I weigh more now than I ever did pregnant.... so the moral of my story is - "Don't worry about the baby weight gain. It's all those other weeks that get you!"

Kristen said...

That dress was so cute on you! You already got my outlook on this subject on Sunday...You look GREAT!

The Seaman Family said...

That is crazy Nicole. You look so cute and have a cute belly. Your body gains what it needs. No worries..hey at least your doc didn't tell you that you were over weight to begin with and that it's better not to gain that much because I was to big to begin! Great thing to hear at 5 months.

grandma said...

You look beautiful. It will get more exciting as the days pass. You do a wonderful job of writing your experiences keep it up.

Angie said...

Don't worry Nicole. There was always at least one month...sometimes two that I would gain 6-8 lbs. It's normal...especially since you hardly gained any the first 5 months. You look fantastic!