Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Shoebox full of dreams

My poor baby doesn't have much to his name. His possessions are currently being stored in this one little shoebox and I just can't help but think about how much I will need to buy over the next couple months. As I was adding some recent acquisitions to the box I started humming the George Strait song Carrying Your Love With Me that goes:
"Baby all I got is this beat up leather bag
And everything I own don’t fill up half"
I imagined my little guy, up in heaven singing this song, chuckling about his severe lack of belongings. As you may or may not know, I have a undeniable love for men who can sing. I figure since I my husband is somewhat lacking in the vocal music department (he'll admit without hesitation that he can't carry a tune) I deserve to be blessed with a son who has a voice to melt my heart. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to pass on that section of the gene pool. Hey, a girl can dream.

5 comments:

Traci said...

Aww.. I remember those days. When you first start buying items for this child you've never met. It starts slowly, but just wait, soon your son's belongings will be spilling out of ever nook and crevice of your house :)

And, if it helps-- I doubt anyone in our gene pool could have a bad voice. :)

shantel said...

Just wait you'll have more stuff then you'll know what to do with it. :)

The Seaman Family said...

The stuff will come pouring in!! Then you'll need more space and all that. It's funny how it all works. So enjoy that little box for now. In a few years you'll look around and say where did all this stuff come from?? :)

Natalie said...

Love it! I felt that way at first but then I had too much stuff I didn't know what to do with it! Anyways, thanks for following Sensibly Styled!

Kristen said...

If he gets a portion of your voice, he will be an amazing singer!