Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Temple Trip

Our trip to Utah was wonderful. I didn't really know what to expect, going there for my first time, because you hear so many different opinions about the state and people there. What drew me to really want to go was the fact that there are so many temples in such a small area. Even the thought that there are really that many LDS members living there was mind blowing to me. I found I spent a lot of my time looking at people, trying to see if I could somehow determine if they were a member. Not that it really mattered, but like I said, it's so different from what we have here.

I have a great love for the Temple and enjoy seeing the beauty and uniqueness of each one. While we were there we got the opportunity to go to 5 of them around Salt Lake. Each session we attended was almost full, which was amazing. So different from here where it seems like only the Saturday morning ones are full.

Bountiful Temple

Salt Lake Temple


Oquirrh Mountain Temple, hasn't been dedicated yet, so we went to the open house.

Mt. Timpanogos Temple

South Jordan Temple

We also went to Seven Peaks water park, toured Temple Square, ate lunch in the Joseph Smith building, toured the Conference Center, went swimming, saw Guys and Dolls, and went out to eat a a fabulous Mexican restaurant in Park City. The 20 hour drive wasn't too bad and I'm really glad we had the opportunity to visit. It was a beautiful state and there are clearly a lot of good people who live there.

5 comments:

shantel said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to visit Utah, you've been to more temples than I have in Utah....I guess I took having so many temples around for granite.

LauriJo said...

It was good to see you guys. I am glad you enjoyed yourself. Seven Peaks was way fun. I just wish I could have stayed longer. Glad you made it home okay.

Serena said...

What an amazing trip!! I haven't been inside any temples in Utah. I am looking forward to doing a session in the Salt Lake temple, I hear it is amazing. Glad you had a great time!!

Traci said...

Looks like you both had a lot of fun!

And hey, if you ever need any advice or encouragement on raising boys.. feel free to ask. Kaden and Carter are as "boy" as they get. :)

We finally have our blog up and running, too. Well, unlocked it I guess is a better way to put it. :) www.travid.com

Kristen said...

The last temple almost doesn't look real around the outline? Hey, thanks for inviting Charlee out on a date with Ruby last night. Benjy said he was exhausted the rest of the night, barely able to lift his head! We will have to do this more often!