Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Oops

I've never thought of myself as a klutzy person but lately I have been dropping things numerous times a day. It's been a little irritating and I've felt really dumb. Could I really be loosing control of myself? I can try to pick something up two or three times before I have a good enough grip on it to actually get the object to it's destination. Then, on Sunday, I was reading about what to expect in my next month of pregnancy, and what did I find there?? A whole section on clumsiness. At first I was totally shocked and then totally relieved that I wasn't just losing my mind (and use of my hands). I had learned that your tendons and ligaments loosen when pregnant but I never realized that it actually had such an effect. Apparently it can also be due to the pregnancy forgetfulness/lack of concentration which also explains why I have a hard time carrying on a full conversation with anyone. Thank goodness for books- without them I think I'd be totally in the dark about pregnancy.

Any other strange things that happen during pregnancy I might want to be aware of??

3 comments:

shantel said...

Yep thats pregnancy for you!! I swear I didn't get my concentration back after I had Hannah......and here I go again!

Fran said...

By the ninth month you look really, really big and EVERYONE knows what you have been up to!! I did not like the PG process, but the results of having a baby in your arms (and heart)is priceless!

Traci said...

Just know.. the "baby brain" doesn't go away for a while. I still have bout of forgetfulness and Carter is almost 6 months old. :)

Oh.. and your feet can actually grow a shoe size because of pregnancy :) There's a weird one for you.