Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sleeping better

My baby has been sleeping in his crib for the last three nights! I was finally brave (and tired) enough to try it and it's been a total success. He wasn't really phased at all by the transition- at least not as much as I have been. The first night I couldn't sleep at all. I was so nervous that he was going to cry at any minute that I laid awake most of the night. The next two nights were better. He sleeps for a little shorter time in his crib than with me, probably because he's not very good at pacifying himself yet, but that should come with time. I'm proud of myself for finally trying. I have to admit, if I hadn't blogged about my intent and had so many of you asking me how it's going I probably would have chickened out. Nothing like a little peer pressure to get things done :)

5 comments:

Fran said...

Awwwwe, he sleeps! So precious!!

shantel said...

YAY Nicole!!!

Kristen said...

Way to go Mom and Ethan! Proud of you both. Now you can see you were scared for no reason at all. You both will start sleeping better.I love that picture of his little mouth open, he looks like he is sleeping pretty darn good! Did Dad help?

Tawnya said...

Way to go Nicole! Before you know it he is going to be keeping you up at night because he will be sneaking out with all of his lady friends.

BreezyHess said...

That is so awesome! It makes a world of difference when you get some actual rest. :)