I've been learning how to be more observant while taking pictures. One of the things I've learned is that you need to pay attention to light and what's in the background because both things can make or break your photo.
I snapped this one of Ruby because it both takes into account what I learned and also fits her to a T.

First, the light: If there is even the smallest shred of sunlight coming through a window she will find it. And you can guarantee that some portion of her body will be in it.
Second, the background objects: Her rope. She is the most obsessed dog I have ever seen. She ALWAYS knows where her puppy toy is. When it's not sitting right next to her she knows exactly where it is.
So, what looks like just an average picture of a dog actually tells the story of Ruby. It's cool how a picture can do that.
I snapped this one of Ruby because it both takes into account what I learned and also fits her to a T.
First, the light: If there is even the smallest shred of sunlight coming through a window she will find it. And you can guarantee that some portion of her body will be in it.
Second, the background objects: Her rope. She is the most obsessed dog I have ever seen. She ALWAYS knows where her puppy toy is. When it's not sitting right next to her she knows exactly where it is.
So, what looks like just an average picture of a dog actually tells the story of Ruby. It's cool how a picture can do that.
2 comments:
This is a great tip. I think I spend more time cropping out the background in pictures. I need to embrace it! Ruby is the best dog ever!
Cool pic Nicole. I need to see more pics of the little man though. :) BTW how do you do your header on your blog with the different pics?
Post a Comment