Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Half a year

Ethan is six months old already! I can't believe half a year has gone by since we were in the hospital anticipating his arrival. He had his check up and everything is looking really good. He is growing bigger and bigger every day. At his check up he weighted 19lb 3oz (77th percentile) and was 28 in long (91st percentile!).

Yesterday I went to the store and picked up a pair of pajamas for him. I instinctively grabbed 6-9 mo (because that's what he is...). When I got home I looked at the weight and length guidelines for the pjs and found out that they are too small. I forget he's at the top of the charts; he doesn't seem that big. I'll have to remember to look at weight/height vs. age from now on. I think kid's clothes might be a close second to women's when it comes to difficulty in choosing the right size. (Honestly, who created women's sizes?)

Ok, back to Ethan. He's a pro at rolling over, loves to smile and laugh, and he enjoys any toys that make noise when shaken or banged against something. He's a good sleeper and loves to be outside in his stroller. I started taking him to the YMCA and he seems to really like the child care center. He's smiling and having a good time even after an hour when I go to pick him up. I couldn't ask for a better guy to hang out with every day.

5 comments:

Angie said...

Such a cutie and I love his PJ's!

Tawnya said...

Happy 1/2 Birthday baby E! I miss him so much. He is such a cutie. Give him tons of kisses for me.

shantel said...

He is so cute!!

He is a big boy, I wish Mason would fatten up sometime soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Such an adorable little guy!

Fran said...

Six months of pure joy! What a blessing to have this little guy in the family. Time flies, so enjoy the moments!!