Saturday, May 22, 2010

I've been converted

Up until about 2 weeks ago I swore I'd never get an iPod.
I just couldn't give into the hype and it seemed like all you were paying for was the name. I was perfectly content with my $50 MP3 player. That is, until Travis bought me an iPod Nano for Mother's Day. Now, I'm singing a different tune.

A while back I had mentioned to Travis that the treadmills and ellipticals at the Y are new Nike + iPod systems and that you can watch TV on them. I just though the TV feature was cool; I didn't really know what the Nike and iPod had to do with it. So, Travis, knowing I needed a little help to jump start my workout routine decided he'd get me the iPod so I could use the gym equipment for all it had to offer. I was totally surprised and a little shocked because as far as I knew he was on my 'never going to pay for an apple product' bandwagon. But, he knew I needed some motivaition and this was his last resort.

I've since found that this is a pretty cool program. What it does is allows you to record your treadmill or elliptical workouts on your iPod Nano and then you have the option of syncing it online to keep a running total. It's pretty cool and it feels good to know that my workouts aren't lost the minute I get off the machine.
Here's a snapshot of my first week of runs. I have to admit, I for the sheer purpose of listening to music I would still take my old MP3 player any day. But this feature totally rocks when it comes to getting myself motivated to get to the gym and give it my all while I'm there. Thanks, Travis, you're the best.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

that is pretty cool...did you know they have a chip you can put in your nike running shoes that records the same thing when you are running outside??

Tawnya said...

I had no Idea you could do that. I have had an Ipod for a while. Looks like I need to read up on things. Happy working out. You go GIRL!