Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Family First

On Saturday Travis, Ethan, and I completed our first Family 5k. It was the Ham Lake Fire Department's 'Stop Drop and Stroll' Family 5k Walk.
Ethan seems to really enjoy going for walks. He chats away and eventually falls asleep, so it's an easy way to get out and get some exercise. Travis and I enjoyed the stress free time to talk and have a good time together.
Here we are, heading for the finish line. If you'll notice what's weighing the flag down...yep that's an axe! (click pic to see larger)
 I think they were planning some kind of Russian Roulette/kids game later in the morning. We got Ethan out of there before the 'real fun' began...he he he.
I'm kidding about the game, but the axe did seem a little unsafe considering this was also the starting line of the race and all of the families were lined up under it. We stayed clear, just in case, but the Fireman's Mascot didn't seem to mind. I think he was looking for a little more adventure in his life.
The T-shirts make it totally worth it! Too bad they didn't have any onsies for Ethan.

1 comment:

Tawnya said...

Way to go Bator Family. Way to stay active:) The Axe thing is weird, only in Ham Lake.