I bought this yarn the other day when I decided I'd like to crochet a blanket for Ethan in my spare time. I wondered around the yarn aisle at Joann's for about an hour (I know, I'm indecisive) and then set out to decide on what type of pattern to use for the blanket. At first I was going to be simple and uniform-stripes in a set color pattern, all the same width. After thinking about it for a little while I wasn't sure if I would like that. So I went back to the drawing board. Here are the other options I came up with:
Set color pattern, different widths
random color pattern, same widths
random color pattern, random widths
After a few hours of thinking about it (yeah, I know- I seriously obsess and over-plan) I decided to go with the last option. This led to a few more hours of pondering the best way to achieve this randomness. I finally decided on placing strips of paper with each color in a cup and strips of paper with different widths in a separate cup. I'll draw a slip out of each cup, crochet that selection and then draw out two more strips. Scientific, I know. I just can't control it- I have to have a plan. I can't let things happen by chance. Man, do I need some adventure in my life or what?
1 comment:
oh my gosh.....I so would have pulled me hair out:) Good for you though! I totally wanna see it when your done.
You still planning the get together later this month??
Post a Comment