Saturday, August 14, 2010

Room Makeover

Travis and I are working on finishing our spare bedroom down in the basement. While we were working from home it acted as our office but now it's not being used for anything so I decided it would make a cozy little craft room/library/escape. I'll post our progress as we make it, though I'll warn you, we're kinda slow.

Here's how it started out. Let me point out the nastier finer points:
1. Unfinished drywall.
2. You can't see it but to the left there's a 'closet under the stairs' that has no door.
3. No baseboards or trim around the door frame.
4. Random furniture not serving any purpose.
And worst of all...
5. Fluorescent lights in a drop ceiling (with stains to boot).
 
Hopefully when we're done it will look much better. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I love a good room makeover! Can't wait to see your progress!

Fran said...

You guys are brave, but it will be so satisfying when you are done. I look forward to seeing the progress!