Thursday, August 26, 2010

Scary drivers

I've come to the disturbing realization that drivers who use common sense while driving are becoming few and far between.  At that rate it seems to be going, in a matter of months it may be seriously life threatening for me to consider driving a vehicle.

Here's my story: I was out driving on Hwy 65 the other day and a car went speeding past me. The driver had her left foot hanging out the window. She was smoking a cigarette. She was bobbing her head to the music she was listening to. That right there tells me she's not comprehending the fact that she is barely controlling a potentially deadly machine. To further prove I'm not unjustly accusing this lady of being a bad driver, she was swerving in and out of the lane. AND to add insult to injury, she didn't have a passenger side-view mirror. Could she see if there was someone in the lane she was swerving in and out of?? NO.
I seriously felt concerned for my safety. I might not be the best driver in the world, but at least I have a clear understanding of the responsibility that comes with driving a car.
I'm starting to wonder if there is anyone else out there who takes this seriously.

3 comments:

Audrey said...

I think you should make a citizans arrest next time:)

Fran said...

At times like that, don't you think: "Where is the police when I need them?" It just isn't safe anywhere!

Tawnya said...

I know what you mean. And people wonder why I am a terrible passenger. Unless I am driving I feel like I have no control over whether or not I can avoid people like that.

I am glad you were able to steer clear of that lady.