Monday, September 13, 2010

Finally some progress

We finally made some progress on our room in the basement. We decided to call it good on the drywall sanding. It's no where near perfect, but enough was enough. Once the sanding blocks were laid to rest we moved on to priming the walls and ceiling and hanging plastic on the walls so we could spray the ceiling with the acoustic, popcorn texture.
I wasn't too thrilled about the prospect of spraying the ceiling. I like the look of smooth ceilings, but as I mentioned before, our drywall job was not perfect and it was the best way to hide some of the imperfections. Along the way Travis got to get a cool new attachment for his air compressor, which he was happy about and the prospect of stuff shooting out the end of that thing had him about as excited as a kid in a candy store. In the end the ceiling turned out really good and it was actually super easy to do.
Up next: Paint!

2 comments:

Tawnya said...

He would enjoy that! He cracks me up. This is going to be awesome when your done.

Brandee Dawn said...

Yay! I really like it so far. Travis with his tools is Hilarious. I am glad you guys are making progress. Love ya!