Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Shades of Gray

Travis and I have made huge progress on my 'time out room' as I like to call it. We are so close to done and it's cool to see how my vision is coming to life. I'm surprising myself a little.
In the beginning all my vision consisted of was gray and white. I wanted the foundation of the room to be basic so I could bring color in through more transitional pieces. I tend to get bored with stuff fast and this seemed like the best way to be able to change things up. My problem was that we discussed the cabinets/counter top setup for the work area instead of a desk and I didn' t know how I was going to find something that worked. I mean, most counter tops are so kitcheny and I didn't want that. Then, on magical day we were wandering through Ikea (or should I say Wonderland) and I found THE counter top. White, with a gray wood grain design. Perfect!!
Once we had the counter top I went to work picking the paint colors and have spend the last two weeks priming and painting the cabinets, doors, and trim. It was a lot of work but I'm really happy with how it turned out.

1 comment:

Tawnya said...

Nicole, your room is looking fantastic! I love the gray.