While we were out in PA my parent's treated us to a day away from Ethan. This was the first time since we've had him that we've been able to spend more than about three hours without him. It was so nice to be able to enjoy ourselves and not worry about hurrying back. It was so weird not having him around. As we were sitting in the hotel room that night we wondered whether we should call and see how things were going. It's the parenthood cliche right? To call or not to call. We were supposed to be focusing on us, enjoying our time together, but of course, we spent more time then we needed to worrying about how he was doing.
For our little outing we decided to drive down to Virginia and visit the Marine Corps Museum.
I'm sure glad Travis didn't have to drive around Iraq in one of these...I don't think the tires would have made it very far.
The trees were really pretty and they had all kinds of cool walking paths.
The next morning we went and did a session at the Washington D.C. temple. It was a beautiful, uplifting way to end our trip.
2 comments:
I love how the D.C. Temple kind of just pops up out of no where. It looks so beautiful!
You sure have some beautiful pictures here. Especially the temple. John & I really enjoyed the Marine museum when we were there too. Glad you had such a fun time together.
Post a Comment