I dread the holidays for one reason: the food. I just can't deny myself all of the yummy turkey, stuffing, pie, Christmas cookies, and everything else that comes a long with this time of year. I hate that if I give in and eat what I want I feel guilty about the extra pounds I know I'm packing on.
Well, this year I'm taking the YMCA's Holiday Challenge. All you have to do is maintain your weight from Thanksgiving to New Years. I like the motivation of having to be accountable to someone. They weigh you in the beginning and then you have to come back in and be weighed after the first of the year. If you've maintained your weight you get a reward. In the case of the Y it's a T-shirt (and if you know me, you know I"m strangely motivated by t-shirts...). I'm excited because it doesn't limit what I can eat, it just makes me a little more aware of how much I'm eating and if I'm working out enough to counter act that. Plain and simple.

2 comments:
Does standing in the kitchen cooking all this food count as a workout?! I'm exhausted!!
Sign me up! I think this is a great idea. I know you will get that t-shirt. I wish I could be there for Thanksgiving :( I am running in the Turkey Trot out here which, I think, is a great way to jump start the holidays. Good Luck getting your T-shirt.
Post a Comment