
I was watching 'The Early Show' today and they had a segment on spices and herbs that are rich in antioxidants. I've been hearing more and more about how everyday spices like Cinnamon can be really healthy and I've been interested to find out more. So, I watched the segment, and, surprise, surprise, they were so vague there wasn't anything I didn't already know. Well, except one thing...One of the spices they included in the segment was Ginger. I hadn't really thought about adding ginger to my food, but they gave a suggestion-adding it to hot chocolate. Being the hot cocoa lover that I am I thought I'd give it a try. It was more out of curiosity about the taste than about it being healthy, but none the less. Verdict? It was actually pretty good. It had that same spicy kick to it that you get from Gingersnaps and it was a nice change of pace. So, thank you, national news programming, for adding some sort of value to my day.
5 comments:
I love fresh ginger on sushi. It is awesome! I will have to give it a try in Hot Chocolate.
That hot chocolate looks divine! It's almost cold enough here to enjoy a mug at night...maybe if I crank the A/C up a bit? ;)
That hot chocolate looks YUMMY!!
Guess what I'm giong to go make?
I'm a serious hot chocolate lover too. I'll have to try this!
mmm ginger and chocolate two of my favorite flavors. It's nearly gingerbread house season!
Post a Comment