
I'm just going to throw this out there-- I'm a realist. I don't believe in superstition or in fairy tale endings. I think that life is what it is and we have to make the best of it. I know that lots of blessings come my way, many of which I'm undeserving of, but I've never believed that making a wish when you blow out your birthday candles could really make your dreams come true. This week, and for about the last three weeks I've been struggling. Things are hard and I feel like I never get a break. I work constantly and don't feel like I get any reward. Most days I just want to cry. Today was so bad that I could have yelled and screamed at everyone and anyone and then cried, that's how upset I felt. As I was driving home at 10 o'clock tonight, still really angry from my day and how I just can't get a break, I looked up and saw a shooting star. And you know what? I figured what the heck. Maybe if I throw a wish out there the universe will throw me something back. So, there, Universe, please accept my wish. I'm sure you know where I live.
2 comments:
Nicole, I'm sorry that your having a rough time, if you need to talk I would love to catch up!
I couldn't believe they title of your post because last night I said the exact same words to Mike!
I am feeling the same way right now!
Dearest Nicole,
Sorry about the crappy time. I totally know what that feels like. All I can say is you are one awesome lady. You inspire me to want to be better in so many ways. That is kind of hard to do because I am so darn stubborn but you do it. I hope you have an awesome time on your trip and know that I am so glad you are my sister (I hate saying sister-in-law). Just keep smiling:)
Post a Comment