Friday, December 17, 2010

Things of an adult-ish nature

This post will not be about Ethan.

I know, I know. I can't believe it either. Before I had a kid I swore I'd never be one who only posts pictures of their child. I vowed to myself that I'd continue to have interesting things to say. Yeah...not so much. Babydom consumes me. With Travis taking a million and a half classes at night I'm lucky if I even see another adult during the week, let alone talk to one. My "adult thinking" has taken a backseat to baby talk and when I do have some time to myself there are a million other things I'd rather do than sit down and write about the one adult like thought I had that day.

So, this post is mostly for me. To remind myself that I do, every once in a while, do something to expand my world a little more.

First up, I learned how to sew something new. It's not very grown up, but it's cute. The important thing is that I've never tried to make a stuffed animal before and it was a nice challenge.
I also expanded my cooking skills by trying my hand at making Chicken Chimichangas. I've only tried to deep fry something once before (orange chicken) and it was good, but very time consuming. I was happy to find out that this was much easier than I anticipated. And it was delicious, which is the icing on the cake.
 

2 comments:

Tawnya said...

I am going to need that recipe! That looks so good! The owls are fantastic! I totally on an owl kick these days. Awesome adult thoughts. Keep them coming!

Audrey said...

A-freakin-dorable owls!!!!

Also...please feed me. Thank you.