Thursday, January 13, 2011

scribbles and scrubbing

For Christmas Ethan got some toddler friendly crayons in his stocking. I've been so excited for him to be old enough to use crayons that I thought we'd give it a try. He did really good at first-coloring on the page like a good boy. Then he wanted to taste them...and apparently they are delicious because he would keep them out of his mouth. Every time I tried to get him to stop he would flail his arms and flop around on the floor trying to get away from me. After a few attempts I realized that every time he flailed his crayon hit the couch and was leaving large marks on the cushion. Not cool. So, that was the end of the crayons and the beginning of me scrubbing stains out of my furniture. I mean, really. I'd like to live a more colorful life, but I think I'll pass on the crayon marks.

1 comment:

Tawnya said...

He is so cute! I have been going through Ethan withdrawl. Good luck getting the stains out.