I wouldn't say that TV commercials for beauty products generally lure me into a purchase but when I saw the Cover Girl commercial for their new line of Lip Stain I was a little intrigued. The next time I was at Target I picked some up in Flirty Nude and seriously love it. The color is very vivid and, in my opinion, really long lasting. I took it for a run on Sunday at church. I applied the stain and let it dry-which only takes a minute. Once dry I added a some clear lip gloss and headed into the chapel. I did my normal thing and never reapplied or touched up. I actually never even went into the bathroom to check it, just so I wasn't tempted. When we got back in the car to leave I looked in the mirror and it was still just as vivid as when I had put it on. I couldn't believe it.
I think the thing I like the most about it is how light it feels on. Comparing it to coloring on your lips with a marker is the best way I can describe it. It's not cakey like lipstick and I didn't have to worry about the dreaded lip stick smudge on my teeth. It was really nice to feel like I was just wearing my favorite lip gloss yet get so much more color. Ok. I'm starting to sound like an infomercial. I'm not really trying to sell you on it, and there's really not anything it this for me, I just thought I'd share. I'm always up for a good, tried and true product and thought you might be too.

4 comments:
My mom writes similar posts about make-up. She got me hooked on CoverGirl LashBlast mascara in the pink tube.
I'm feeling sold on your product--did it feel sticky at all? Sometimes the ones that stay on really well I feel like I can feel too much on my lips, ya know?
Hey Linz-
I didn't think it felt sticky at all. Seriously, all I felt was the lip gloss I had on over it. You;ll have to let me know if you try it.
Sold! I need something like this. I like the color of lipstick but hate that cake feeling. Thanks for the tip!
I thought you were going to take us in a different direction with this. What I really want to know is if it passed the "kissing test". Does it stay on your lips or leave big lip prints on the kissee?!
Post a Comment