Travis and I went to see Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the Ordway this weekend. But, this story doesn't begin there. No, it begins, well, at the beginning. Ha ha. No, really, it begins at the beginning of our marriage. Let me take you back...
Since the day we got married Travis has always offered his hand to me when we are out in slippery conditions. A gentlemanly thing to do, yes...but his hand always came with the promise that if I fall we are going down together. Ummm.....not quite what I was thinking, Travis. How about, if you fall I will catch you?? Nope. It's always been that we'll go down together. Luckily I haven't slipped.
Now, back to this weekend. We were on our way to the theater, walking through Rice Park and I slipped! I totally lost my balance and my feet went flying. I was holding Travis' hand, but with his 'promise' it was questionable if that was really going to help. Well, here's where my handsome husband came through-he actually caught me. My hero!
Ironically, after the show, as we were walking back to the car, discussing if we were headed to the right parking ramp I said, "Yeah, that's the one, cause here's where I slipped..." Not more than two steps later, in almost the exact same spot, I slipped again, and right on cue he caught me again. You can be sure I'll be holding is hand with a little more trust from here on out.

4 comments:
You're Welcome Nicole. It has taken me forever to teach him to be a hero but I am so happy it has worked.
You two are so darn cute!!!
yah to Travis for saving the day.....or more accuratly...your behind!
Tawnya is such a mother! I'm so glad she helped me out with Travis. Actually, I think a lot of his goodness came on his own. So glad you two are standing, slipping, maybe even falling, together!
Post a Comment