Monday, February 21, 2011

a week with us


Ethan's been a little sick the last few weeks or so, and I've been so tied up that I haven't really felt like I had anything to blog about. Then I looked through the pics I've taken in the last week and I realized there was more to my world than this snot nosed boy. So, here's a recap.
I saw this picture and fell in love with the color scheme. I felt like the pops of color really draw your eye when mixed with the mustard yellows, brown and white. I decided I NEEDED something full of these pretty colors to look at every day, so Ethan and I took a trip to the fabric store.

Here's what I came up with. The pic doesn't really do it justice, and my colors aren't quite as bright as the ones in the orig. pic, but I like how it came together. I've been thinking up something to make with this pretty stack and I think I've finally nailed it down. Now I just have to make it...

Speaking of making things, I've been hard at work making a few more diaper pouches for some friends who've had babies recently.

Ethan and I did our chores. And, just to make sure we're keepin' it real during the day we usually have at least one dance break. He's learning how to move his feet while he dances and it's just too cute to watch.
The weekends are always the best time of the week. We need Travis around to keep us entertained. Look closely...can you find the toothbrush?? You know like Ula from 50 First Dates? : )

(sorry about the fuzzy pic)

And, finally, today, just because I felt like being spontaneous, I went out
and walked around in the 8 inches of snow we've gotten in the last 24 hours.
 I guess Travis felt like being spontaneous too, because he surprised us by walking through the door two hours early today. Sick baby aside, this last week wasn't too shabby.

6 comments:

Linz said...

Oh wow I love that last picture of you Nicole!!!

Adam said...

Somday you will know how this pictures makes me feel. Love you Nic.

molly and geoff archibald said...

i want to come snowshoe in your yard!!

Fran said...

Love your posts & blog. That last picture reminded me of the OLD Mary Tyler Moore TV show. You just needed a hat to toss in the air!

Fran said...

I just realized you are probably way too young to have even seen re-runs of this TV show... soooo, here are the lyrics to the theme song:
Who can turn the world on with her smile?
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
Well it's you girl, and you should know it
With each glance and every little movement you show it

Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can have a town, why don't you take it
You're gonna make it after all
You're gonna make it after all

Tawnya said...

Travis is quite entertaining. That is the perfect spot for a toothbrush if I say so myself.

I love the last picture of you out in the snow. You look so delighted.

Thanks for sharing your week with us :)