Friday, March 18, 2011

awkward and awesome friday


Awkward:
-Thinking that ice skating could be a fun date when Travis has never done it before. Probably should have expected more frustration than fun.
-Attending the same cycle class on Friday morning for the last two months and the instructor still has no idea what my name is. She actually tries to remember too. Am I that forgettable??
-Admitting to your husband you may have a slight crush on Matt Damon only to have him admit that he has a crush on him too... Serious.

Awesome:
-Ethan sleeping in later than 6:30 am. Hopefully he figured out it's pointless to get up that early :)
-Opening the windows, thanks to some seasonably warm weather. Good by stuffy house smell. I will not miss you. Not one bit.
-Perfecting my after-work-out smoothie. 1/2 banana, 1/2 c. frozen strawberries, 1/2 c. yogurt, and 1/2 c. milk. I also throw in some ground flax seed for a major nutrient boost. So good.

Ok, so I think I need one more category: Frustrating. Ethan is going through a major clingy phase. Like, I can't even put him to bed at night, no matter how tired he is. He just stands there and screams in his crib. I've been just letting him scream it out, but I feel like the worlds meanest mom. Anybody have any advice?

7 comments:

Andie said...

Janie did that around Ethan's age. She was still nursing, so I gave her some of my old, cut up underthings to take to bed with her. Worked like a charm. I've heard of people using t-shirts that smell like mom, too.

Fran said...

Bring him to grandma's house! It's only a temporary fix, but he will stop crying for a while. Not sure how rested he will be in the morning.

The Miller Family said...

Let me know when you find something that works! Savannah started that a couple months back and hasn't quit since. I can't even leave her at Mema and Papa's house. It's putting a major damper on things like...life, lol. All of our babysitter friends have little kids of their own, so when we try to leave her, she just terrifies the other little ones because she screams the whole time...so we stopped. Now she just comes everywhere with us. It's like this awful cry though...not a normal cry or mad cry or "i want my way" cry...something different. Sigh. I keep telling myself she'll grow out of it eventually and won't want me to hold her at all, so I should enjoy all the extra cuddles while I still can...that helps...sometimes ;o)

shantel said...

Let him scream it out, Mason did the same thing for awhile...eventually he stopped. :)
Good luck!

Tawnya said...

Travis looks like a pro! Good Luck with Baby E...is he still not feeling well, or getting more teeth? I can hardly wait to see you guys.

Linz said...

Let him cry, definitely! The first time you let hime cry himself to sleep, it will be the hardest for both of you. Then it will get easier. He'll start crying for shorter and shorter amounts of time. The first few days are the most difficult, but you are teaching him a lifelong skill! So it's really worth it and in the morning he won't hold a grudge! He'll be back to wanting you all day!

MN Paynes said...

Try this smoothie, 1 cup raw spinach, 1/2 banana, 1 slice fresh pineapple, and 1/2 cup frozen mango, add some water to water it down if you like. Yummy, my kids beg for it, we call it "frog nog"