Sunday, April 17, 2011

birthday fun

.
I celebrated my birthday last week and, although it got off to a rocky start, it ended up being really nice. The day of my birthday Ethan woke up with a fever. It was pretty miserable and he cried and wanted to be held all day, but that didn't stop him from grabbing my face and giving me some birthday loves. He's so sweet, even when he's not feeling well. It's kinda cute that I happened to have the camera next to me when he did it. Travis had school after work so it was just me and Ethan hanging out all day.

Travis and I celebrated the next day with dinner and a date downtown. We went to a small little restaurant where I seriously didn't know what 80% of the stuff on the menu was. It was our first major attempt at fine dining and so we decided to go all out (which meant not getting the only normal thing on the menu-a hamburger.) It turned out that both our choices were delicious. We also tried creme brulee for the first time. I felt pretty sophisticated until I realized that I'd rather be eating jell-o no bake cheesecake. 

After dinner we walked around the Mill Ruins to kill some time before we headed over to the Gutherie Theater to see a play. I love the old walking bridge that goes over the river but the shoes I wore weren't exactly ideal so we just looked from afar. 
The show we saw was Arms and the Man. It was great, low key romantic comedy and we laughed the whole time. It was nice to get out and spend a beautiful evening together.
Another good birthday on the books.

3 comments:

Tawnya said...

You are one lucky lady. I hope you had a fantastic Birthday. I need to mail your present. I will get on that.

Fran said...

Another year older isn't so bad afterall. I would like to explore the old mill area sometime. It looks fun, but I've never done that!

Audrey said...

We saw 'Arsnic and Old Lace' at the gutherie last week. Isn't the view from the deck amazing? I'm so glad you ended up with a good birthday!