This week has been the worst. It's been so hot and humid that it's pretty much unbearable to go outside. That being said, house arrest with Ethan is, well, it's a lot of work. I've been going out of my mind trying to find things to distract him in between his tantrums over not being able to go outside and play.
Our attempts at bubbles never last long. He basically insists on blowing them himself...which he doesn't know how to do. All it really accomplishes is him licking the soap off his mouth and me mopping the soap up off the floor. Yep. Didn't have the patience for that one.
After the bubbles were mopped up I tried something new. He's never attempted to open things with a screw cap and I thought it might be an interesting challenge for him. He must have figured it was his turn to loose his patience because he just sat there throwing more tantrums when I wouldn't open the jar for him. That one backfired big time. I guess I should have put something a little less tasty inside.
After the bubbles and marshmallows we stuck to going to the gym for entertainment. However, on Thursday he surprised me by coming up with his own entertainment. He loaded his truck full of stuffed animals and pushed them around the living room. Just like we push him around. It was pretty darn cute.
The highlight of it all-if this week deserves a highlight-was running through the sprinkler one morning when we got back from the gym. He was sweating pretty bad and I figured the sprinkler would be a nice way to cool off. I let him go in just his diaper but somehow he figured totally naked was the way to be...until he felt how cold the water was. Then he pretty much stayed an arms length away. I can't say I blame him : )
1 comment:
I just love my baby E. I guess he can cross-off run through the sprinkles naked from his 30 by 30 list.
Keep up the great work :)
Winter is around the corner.
Post a Comment