Monday, September 19, 2011

photo skillz

Last week my sister in law Shawna and I attended a photography workshop downtown.
I really enjoyed learning some new tricks and techniques to try out on my camera. The best thing I learned was a cool panning technique to capture someone who's running and have the background motion blurred. That's the picture of the random guy below.


I also learned how to measure and meter light, which I was vaguely familiar with, but not to the extent I know now. I was really happy I attended and hopefully my pictures will continue to get better and better.

6 comments:

Audrey said...

now I wanna know...did they have to pan the camera with the dude running? Or use flash?

Nicole said...

we didn't use a flash, we just panned with him while he was running...so a lot of my shots came out blurry, but I did manage to get a few good ones.

Tawnya said...

That panning thing is awesome. You are going to have to teach me your tricks. Great Work!!!

Audrey said...

Next time we are together, remind me to show you how to do something really similar with a flash and some sparklers:)

Fran said...

Does panning mean you are going to serve him up in a dish?!! Glad you found the day useful and was able to get some good pointers. I sure missed not being able to play with Ethan. My meeting was on the border of boring.

Kristen said...

What type of camera do you have? I am close to getting one... well, I think I am.