Thursday, October 13, 2011

black bean deliciousness

I've been craving black beans lately and have been searching high and low for a recipe that would satisfy my taste buds. I made a few rice and black bean dishes that were good but I needed something with more black bean goodness. Short of eating them straight out of the can I didn't know what to do. Then I was perusing through my pantry and stopped on a can of Bush's Seasoned Recipe Black Beans. I looked at the back of the label and there was this recipe for black bean soup. I decided to give it a try.

Heaven.
Seriously, you need to make this.


Note: The recipe on the can didn't call for the pico de gallo, but I didn't have onion and cilantro-I had some pico in my fridge. I put a scoop of it in my soup and I think it's what made the deal for me. It just made the flavor explode.

Now for any of you looking at this thinking that the pico makes it too tedious to make FYI: they sell fresh pico de gallo in the produce section of the grocery store and its only a few bucks. The stuff I bought has lasted unexpectedly long in my fridge and its nice to have around. The best part (well, besides the flavor) is that this seriously only took me 10 minutes to make. When it comes to soup it doesn't get much simpler than that.

3 comments:

Andie said...

Yummmmy! I've been searching for a black bean soup recipe too...one that doesn't take an hour to make. This looks awesome; can't wait to try it. Thanks for posting.

Tawnya said...

I am going to have to give that a try. It sounds fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I am making this tomorrow!