Tuesday, October 11, 2011

putting shoes on

Ethan recently learned how to put this pair of rain boots on all by himself and suddenly my life became significantly easier. I've gotten a glimpse of what its like having a self sufficient child and it's left me wanting more...

 He loves to be outside and thinks it fun to make numerous trips in and out during the day. Most days I was putting his shoes on him so often that I lost count. I can't believe how him mastering this one simple task could make such a difference in the amount of work I have to do. Now if he would only learn how to buckle himself into his car seat, bathe himself, and change his own diaper...I'd be set. : )

All joking aside, I think that he's happier now that he can accomplish this task on his own. He's a very independent little boy and he takes a lot of pride in doing things his way. It's fun to sit back and watch him learn and enjoy life.

4 comments:

Tawnya said...

Way to go Baby E! I love the pictures.

Andie said...

It's totally true...I decided last year that true parental freedom is achieved once the last one can buckle him/herself into his/her carseat. No more freezing fanny hanging out the van door while the young'un gets situated just so before they allow you to buckle them.

Great boots!

Adam said...

Before you know it, he will be asking for the car keys Nic! Your life sure looks fun from here. Hope you are taking time to smell the roses! Love ya, Dad

Fran said...

He is going to need those boots to wade through all the leaves.... I wonder if he will enjoy jumping in a big pile this year. He is growing up fast - they all do!