Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Chef Boy-are-you-cute

Ethan and I made some bread sticks a few days ago to go with the chili we were having for dinner. I had such a fun time working with him. He's a really great helper and he soaks up information like a sponge. He loved getting to use the rolling pin to keep the dough smooth.

I've been a little nervous thinking about the upcoming winter and how I'm ever going to keep this little busy-body entertained, but after doing this I realized that it doesn't have to be so hard. Now that he's getting old enough to help with the things I'm doing he naturally wants to be a part of the action. I'm really lucky to have him around all day long. I couldn't ask for a better gig.

Once we were done and had fit all the bread sticks we could into the pan there was a small chunk of dough left over. Ethan stood there at the counter and played with it for a good 45 minutes. Looks like play-doh will be making it onto his Christmas list this year.

4 comments:

Tawnya said...

This is one of the cutest things I have ever seen!

Adam said...

I must say Nic, your posts are bitter sweet. Bitter because I really wish we could be a bigger part of your families life. Sweet because I love seeing these wonderful glimpses into your life. Your mom and I sure are proud of you three and look forward to your next post!!!!

Fran said...

What a creative title for this post! Sure love to see the many activities you two do in a day. He is such a lucky boy. And very cute to boot!

Anonymous said...

I love you two!