Wednesday, October 5, 2011

a mason was born

Remember a few months back when our house got struck by lightening? Well, I do. And unfortunately I have a nice reminder every time I walk down to the basement-because the fist size hole in the wall is still there. Well, was still there. We called a number of contractors and asked them to come out and do the repair work and none of them got back to us. It was really rather lame. So, Travis, being the 'self reliant' man that he is (thank you priesthood session of conference...) decided he'd just do the masonry work himself.

I begged, pleaded, and came up with every excuse and disaster I could think of to try and deter him from tearing out the side of our house but he was confident in the research he'd done. So he set to work...

I'm not gonna lie-it was one huge hole and I was skeptical. But he pulled it off and with relatively few hitches. A job that would have cost thousands of dollars he did for a few hundred in just a few days.
I don't know why I ever doubted.


5 comments:

Tawnya said...

Holy Hole. Great Job Travis!!! Love the picture of Ethan helping dig the dirt with his trucks. Awesome!

Fran said...

Travis has always loved taking things apart... sometimes he even put them back together! You were fortunate it all worked out this time. Must have been the able assistance from Baby E.
Great work (and I know it wasn't easy)!!

Travis said...

I hope that we have learned a lesson here: when Travis says he Will do something, he isn't joking around. Thanks for putting this post up, I was starting to feel forgotten.

Anonymous said...

Remember that one time Travis said he'd take me to Hawaii? He hasn't done that yet.
Other than that...it looks amazing. I am so proud!

shantel said...

Very impressive!!