Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I can use that...


Last week Travis and I attended a holiday party held by his boss. That alone would have been fine. The problem comes when he said we had to bring a white elephant gift from each of us. And of course, I had to figure it out. This is not my thing. I rather like buying gifts, but not pointless gifts for people I've never met... I was fretting about it so much that I couldn't sleep for a few nights.

We don't have a lot of random stuff around our house so I set out to Goodwill hoping to find something. After walking around for an hour and one phone call to Tawnya later I came home with:

-an outdated grammar book
-a Ziggy calendar
-1 package of window insulating strip
-Mr. Potato Head
-Mrs. Potato Head

The potato heads were really my last ditch effort and secretly I was hoping to keep them cause they bring back childhood memories, but here's what I happened when I showed Travis my findings...

-outdated grammar book: "Ok..."
-Ziggy calendar: "I'd like to use that, I think Ziggy's funny."
-window insulation: "Seriously, that was only $1?? We need some of that."

So Travis decided I had to give away the potato heads. I also had to make another trip to Goodwill so we could pick up 4 more packages of window insulation...and now I have one pointless grammar book and one Ziggy calendar sitting around collecting dust. Anybody interested??

2 comments:

Tawnya said...

That is a crack-up! Potato heads are awesome!

Fran said...

Looks like you got that weatherstripping just in time - the cold wind has been relentless!